Brand: 1844 Helko Werk Germany
- Made in USA – by skilled craftsmen and leather makers. These axe or hatchet sheath pieces are an excellent addition to your Helko Werk axes and hatchets with nickel plated rivets and a heavy duty welt. A welt is a strip of leather that the blade edge rests against while sheathed – to provide additional protection to the blade and lengthen the lifespan of the sheath.
- Vegetable-Tanned Saddle Leather – our sheath leather is made from full grain, vegetable tanned cowhide leather. This premium high quality leather is ideal for axe sheath leather, holster leather, leather axe cover for axe and hatchet tools. The Premium and Deluxe sheaths have been treated and infused with oils and waxes for moisture protection. This also helps to soften the leather.
- Treated For Moisture Protection – The treatment process helps to prevent the leather sheath from drying out and cracking through years of use. If they choose, customers can also apply leather conditioners, polishes, or creams to the leather overtime to keep it healthy, supple, and strong. Vegetable tanned leather accepts these treatments nicely.
- Tough, Thick And Durable – An axe or hatchet sheath will help protect your tools and keep them sharp and protected. The leather is strong and will endure years of service. The sheath is fastened together with nickel-plated rivets and operates with an adjustable buckle strap, which may be tightened or loosened to achieve a snug fit.
- The Large Fits Blades Up To 5-1/2 Inches Wide – These sheaths are fitted for Helko Werk axes, but will also fit most other brands. Follow our sizing guide to size your bushcraft axe, throwing hatchet, or camp axe to our sheaths to get the right fit.
Details: **SPECIAL NOTE**
Both the Standard and Premium sheaths are vegetable tanned leather. The Premium sheaths have been dyed and treated for moisture protection, which helps to soften the leather and make it supple. The Standard sheaths have not been treated, but can be easily dyed, stained, or polished, if one prefers to do so.
+ Made in the USA from quality vegetable-tanned saddle leather
+ Fastened with nickel-plated rivets
+ Adjustable bucklestrap
+ Burn-stamped with the Helko Werk crown
+ Tough, thick, and durable
+ Will endure years of service
Hatchet: 12 in
Small: 17 in
Medium: 17 in
Large: 17 in.
Blade Width (Sheath will fit an axe blade edge that measures up to or below the following measurements)
Measure your axe blade in a straight line from toe to heel (point to point)
Hatchet: 4 in
Small: 4 in
Medium: 4-3/4 in
Large: 5-1/2 in.
Package Dimensions: 51x231x136